When I was first starting out as a young coach in 2003, I thought my job was mostly to push people to train harder. The harder they trained, the better results they'd get and the happier they'd be. Or so I thought.
For some people, this worked. But for most, it only worked for a short time.
Sooner or later, they'd hit a frustrating plateau. Or worse, they'd start to feel nagging aches, pains, or even get injured.
After spending years digging into the science, using myself as a guinea pig and collecting a massive amount of data from over 15,000 people, it became crystal clear why the "No pain. No Gain" strategy doesn't work.
The truth that very few people understand about fitness is that training is only half the equation. In fact, it's not even the most important half.
What I discovered what the recovery, not intensity, is the missing link in fitness today. Progress isn't made in the gym. It's made when the body is able to turn on "recovery mode" and rebuild itself to be stronger, leaner, faster, and more fit.
Since my discovery, I've made it my personal mission to help people get the most out of their hard work by unlocking the true power of recovery. No more feelings of frustration, fatigue and endless intensity that never delivers the results you're looking for.
How to build the Ultimate High-Performance Recovery Program
Saturday, July 13th
So many people focus all their energy on training, without understanding that recovery is the real key to getting the most out of all their hard work. On Saturday, we'll dive deep into the underlying science of recovery and how to put together your own complete High-Performance Recovery Program.
Along the way, I'll discuss and demonstrate how to use Morpheus, my recovery platform (included with the workshop at no additional cost). By the end of the day, you will walk away with a complete plan of attack to maximize your recovery and dramatically improve your fitness and health.
You will learn:
- How to quickly and easily assess the 5 major elements that drive recovery using my personalized screen
- The science behind heart rate variability (HRV) and how you can use it to personalize your training in just 3 minutes a day
- A step-by-step guide to using Morpheus and heart rate training to accelerate recovery and get the most out of each workout
- The 5 most effective strategies to help manage the stress of daily life and improve your overall health and well-being
- The truth about which regeneration strategies can help accelerate your recovery and which ones are a waste of time
Conditioning for health, fitness, and maximum performance
Sunday, July 14th
Conditioning can be a game-changer. Not just for athletic performance, but for health and longevity as well. Recent research has shown that higher VO2 max (a measure of conditioning) is directly related to overall life expectancy.
Whether you're an athlete, coach, or just train for fun and fitness, I will teach you how to improve your conditioning from the ground up. We'll cover energy systems, conditioning methods, heart rate training and how to build a conditioning program that delivers results.
- 3 simple tests and assessments you can use right away to evaluate your conditioning and how to interpret the results
- The truth about the body's three energy systems and how they impact your conditioning, performance, and health
- My top 10 conditioning methods and how I use periodization and progression to maximize results
- The most effective strategies to prepare for competition and make sure you're ready to perform your best when it matters most
- Why traditional heart rate zone training is outdated and how to use Morpheus to dial in your intensity